About the Parade (The Carnival):
Through its cooperation with the Sharjah Education Zone, the Sharjah Children’s Reading Festival seeks to organize a ceremonial parade (Carnival) for school children. The purpose of this event is to create an interactive communication channel between the students and achieve the Festival’s education and creativity goals. Eventually, all this will help enrich the overall educational process and shape children’s personalities to cope with the developments being achieved in the country toward a brighter future.
- The Parade gives all schools a real chance to compete with each other in various creativity fields.
- It reinforces the notion of team work through engaging a group of children in the presentation and execution of their own show under the supervision of one or more experts.
- It supports innovation and creative ideas.
- It creates real atmospheres that allow school students to become familiar with each other through engaging in collective and team work activities.
- It also allows access to a large number of ideas that have the potential to develop intellect, imagination and creativity.
- It ensures that dialogue-based, thought-provoking creative atmospheres are established which would support the transformation of ideas into tangible results.
The Subject of this Edition’s Parade: Madinati (My City)
The shows presented in this Parade shall focus on Madinati (My City) subject using creative means that highlight the aesthetic aspects of cities, both past and present. They also focus on highlighting city forms within reality as well as creative fantasy images that reflect the greatest portion of children’s amazing imagination.