Conditions and Participation:
1- Participation in the Exhibition starts on December 1st, 2016 until January 15th 2017. The participants must register and follow the participation steps via the website: www.scrf.ae. This stage is a primary stage in the participation process.
2- After completing the electronic participation and making sure the participation is accepted via the Exhibition’s website, the original illustrations must be sent via mail to the Exhibition’s management as per the following conditions:
- The illustrator’s participation in the Exhibition is considered an implied acknowledgement of the intellectual property of the participating illustrations. The Exhibition’s management shall not be responsible for any legal consequences or responsibilities in relation to third party rights.
- The Exhibition welcomes professional children’s books’ illustrations and targets all age groups.
- The participating illustrations must be original not copies of other original works; only digital works shall be excluded from this rule whose printed copies are accepted on proper papers for artistic display only.
- The number of accepted illustrations shall not be less than 3 and no more than 6, provided that the participating illustrations are from one book only.
- The illustrations must be submitted on appropriate papers whose longest dimension does not exceed 50 cm.
- The illustrator may choose the colors, materials, techniques and theme as he/she wishes.
- The submitted works shall be subject to evaluation by an international committee.
- The organizing committee shall have the right to publish the participating works through the Exhibition’s printed materials as well as through the media coverage of the Exhibition’s message and the introduction of the participating illustrators.
- The decisions of the Works Selection and Arbitration Committees shall be final and may not be objected or appealed.
- The Exhibition’s management shall bear the costs of internal insurance only for the participating works. It shall also bear the costs of re-shipping the original works back to their owners after the end of the Exhibition.
- The (name of the illustrator, title of the book or story, the email, the telephone number, and the mailing address) shall be clearly written behind each one of the participating original illustrations.
- In case you have any inquiries or experienced problems in completing the electronic participation, kindly contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org